Our everyday lives are far more frenetic than ever before meaning more and more of us are seeking out ways to unwind, switch off, deal with aching tired bodies, heal injuries than ever before. These could be choosing to go to yoga classes, finding a mindfulness group, going to the gym or going to get a massage. But all of these require you to get in your car, on your bike or brace what the weather throws at us when walking home, mostly undoing all the good work these activities had achieved. However, what if you can get the same benefit in your own home? Many of us are turning to apps and YouTube for self-care at home but what if you want to be completely relaxed, pampered or fixed by someone else?
More and more people are discovering the benefits of a massage in their home and these are the ten top reasons why:
- The first one is simple – you don’t have to get up and go home! Thus undoing all the good that the massage has done. Therapists that have chosen to work on a mobile basis will be highly efficient in setting up and packing down, leaving you in peace to get on with your day/eve very shortly after finishing the massage. No awkward conversations, no waiting for ages for them to go, they will be packed up and ready to go in the time it takes you to get yourself a glass of water.
- Convenience: Mobile massage therapists are more likely to work around your busy schedules, instead of you trying to fit in getting to a massage salon, having a massage and then rushing back to whatever it was you were doing.
- Saves time. When you have a mobile massage therapist come to you it saves you lots of time! You don’t have to allow for time to get to the salon, time to park, etc. You can continue to get on with whatever you need to while the therapist sets up (only a few minutes) and then get straight back to it – if you want to- when they have finished.
- More likely to get the full massage time hands on. When you go to a massage salon the appointment slots are mostly back to back – so if you book an hour you usually get an hour slot. So the time it takes you undress/dress etc can come off your treatment time meaning that you may only get a 50 minute massage when you have booked an hour. Mobile massage therapists allow the time to set up and pack down on top of the massage time, hence you will most likely get full hour hands on treatment when you book an hour massage.
- Value for money. You better value for money because you get the FULL benefit of the massage – none of your treatment is lost by increasing stress levels of having to get up, get dressed and go home or back to work.
- You get a great massage! You are more likely to get a great massage because most mobile massage therapists are self employed therefore ensuring a quality of service. They rely on being good! If they are not good they will not get repeat business and will not have any work so they make it their priority to provide a great massage.
- Choice of ambience. A mobile massage therapist will aim to bring what they can to create an ambience but when they come to your home you can choose what ambience you want to create for yourself if that is what you like. You can have the temperature set to what you like, have candles, or not, have your own music – it will all be your choice. Or you can leave it up to the therapist and not worry about any of I, your choice.
- Saves money. Having a mobile massage therapist come to your home means that you will save money on transport and parking.
- Longer lasting healing. Having a mobile massage therapist come to you means you will continue to get the full healing benefit of your treatment for longer because you will not lose any of it by the stress of hurrying to get dressed after your treatment and then face the busy rat race going home.
- Disabled/injured/elderly – no problem! Last but not least, this category is very important. Many people in these categories benefit from mobile massage therapy. With the increase of therapists providing a mobile service people who are disabled, suffering an immobilising injury or are elderly are now able to get much needed treatments in the comfort of their own homes.